About The Celebration....
- Tickets are limited. Our first celebration sold out, so early booking advised. Please see bookings for availability.
- Visit The Pub still standing, visited by William Shakespeare (and Charles Dickens and others.)
- The FIRST Elizabethan Theatre on the South Bank of London nowunderneath a modern office block!
- The place where Chaucer's Pilgrims set off from London in The Canterbury Tales.
- One of the famous Harry Potter film locations. (Hint - it's a pub!)
- Shakespeare's Globe - host Nick Hennegan worked in founder Sam Wanamaker's office!
- A Pub famous for its Cock Fighting.
- The site of William Shakespeare's London House.
- Readings from some of Shakespeare's most famous works.
- Enjoy other attractions on the South Bank - curated by other organizations.
- We visit the fantastic pub saved from demolition by the writer Sir John Betjeman and Lady Dartmouth.
As well as Henry V - Nick Hennegan created and directed a version of Hamlet, with Sir Dereck Jacobi, no less, a great Knight of the English Theatre! BOTH PRODUCTIONS WERE HITS AT THE EDINBURGH FESTIVAL IN AUGUST 2018! Speaking Shakespeare's verse is always fun. As the video below from the BBC, recorded at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, BRILLIANTY illustrates...
We start at 3pm in Borough High Street. The party lasts about three hours and we end up near Blackfriars Station. In a Tavern! Drinking is not compulsory though. It's more about the Bard and his places!
For terms and conditions, please see www.LondonLiteraryPubCrawl.com